Monday, January 3, 2011

Something new....

For me at least. Marie opened a forum for Scraps and the City (which you should join, BTW, because eventually once we get it all up and running we'll have challenges and you can win prizes and stuff). So I figured I needed a siggy set, so I put one together.

Let's just say I need some practice. So...

I also joined a couple of other forums included the My Tag Art forum, which is very active. My Tubed Art needs a forum. They are running a Yahoo Group and keep blowing up my mail box. But that is neither here nor there.

I rather joined the TART forum because they were having a Valentine's Day contest which I wanted to enter. And so I did. The object of this one was to do an Avatar, a TART header and a snagable sig. The header was to be 600 x 200 pixels, and the snagable siggy 500 x 175.

This is what I came up with:

Valentine Avatar

Valentine Siggy-Snag

Valentine Header

(Free free to snag these by the way. Click on the graphic - it will open in a new window, and then right click on the full size element in the new window and save image.)

I thought the Eye Heart My Tag Art was really clever, but you know, I'm weird like that.

So that done, I need a siggy set myself for that forum, as I you can only use TART art on it, and the one I did for the SATC forum had my art on it.

Siggy Set #2 then:

Vanishing Species Avatar

Vanishing Species Header

Then I decided to enter the January Feature contest, the object of which was to produce 4 snags, one avatar, on snagable sig and a desktop. I was chugging along when I realized I was supposed to use one of the featured artists. Lacy Clagg is NOT one of the featured artists. I have to go back to the drawing board on this one, which sucks, as I really liked the idea of the Chinese New Year theme.

Siggy Set #3:

Geisha Girl Avatar

Geisha Girl Siggy Snag

Geisha Girl Header

Anyway, wasn't that fun? We'll have to try that again soon. No really, cause I need to practice snags too.

Honestly, I don't expect to win anything. I just needed the practice. Usually they pick someone with nice sparkly animations as the winner and I don't like to do animations as they hurt my eyes. And I've got enough health issues that I don't need to add strained eyeballs to the list. ;P

So, now you have siggy sets to use if you should join the TART forum, or any other forum that doesn't limit your art choices. I dunno about the SatC forum. But I should probably talk to Marie and we should probably put that rule into effect. Well, later. Right now I need to take a nap.

No comments: