Thursday, May 27, 2010

Vision Serpent tutorial

Temple of Quetzalcoatl


I've been a little tardy getting this tutorial up, in part because I have to write something to go with it. But it's another great tutorial from the hard working Tagcatz, this time using my Temple of Quetzalcoatl taggers kit.

Click on the blinkie below to go to Tagcatz blog. You can try the tutorial at Tagcatz.com

Tagcatz Blinkie


Pretty soon I'm gonna have to be like Jess and open my own Creative Team blog. LOL. In the meantime....

Debbie had asked if I follow the Toltec Way or the Mayan Prophecies. The answer, in brief, is no. Many, many years ago, we had a week's worth of the Mayan Prophies in my Occult Sciences class, and I've brushed up against them here and there over the years, but I've never been a serious student of them.

The Toltecs were an ancient culture chiefly located in what is now the pyramid ruins of Teotihuacan in the high midlands of Mexico. In a tradition that dates back thousands of years and continues today, the Toltec were known throughout Mexico as men and women of knowledge. One interpretation of the word Toltec is artist. They considered the manner in which you lived your life as your art, thus the Toltec way was not a religion but more accurately a way of life.

To be a serious student of the Toltec way, you not only have to study it, you have to live it as well.

The Mayan Prophecies focus on the 2012 phenomenon, which comprises a range of eschatological beliefs that cataclysmic or transformative events will occur on December 21, 2012, which is said to be the end-date of a 5,125-year-long cycle in the Mayan Long Count calendar. Various astronomical alignments and numerological formulae related to this date have been proposed, but none have been accepted by mainstream scholarship.

A New Age interpretation of this transition posits that during this time, Earth and its inhabitants may undergo a positive physical or spiritual transformation, and that 2012 may mark the beginning of a new era. Others suggest that the 2012 date marks the end of the world or a similar catastrophe. Scenarios posited for the end of the world include the Earth's collision with a passing planet (often referred to as "Nibiru") or black hole, or the arrival of the next solar maximum.

I think my ex would probably believe that the "aliens that left us here" (no, don't ask) will be coming back in 2012, but I'll leave it at that.

So far we've already survived the Y2K bug - kind of let down wasn't it? - and doomologists have been predicting the end of the world for ages, but we're still around.

I would imagine if we're going to get eaten by a black hole, science will give a fair warning, but...who knows?

Right now, with the way my life has been going, I'm just trying to get through one day at time. I'll worry about December 21, 2012, when it gets a little closer. ;)

No comments: