Friday, July 18, 2008

Midnight in the Garden

Designs by Helly had a freebie sampler up on Digi-free for her Hard Rock Mama kit. You know me, I'm into anything Rock and Roll, and this is actually a pretty cool little kit. But I was wondering what the full kit looked like so I followed the link over Scrapping Whispers where I also found a very nice little kit called Midnight in the Garden.

I particually liked the little fairies, but here's the rub. It's mostly black on black so you can't see a lot of things once you try to put them together.

Unhappy with my initial results, I started putting together a hybrid piece using the Gothic Envy kit and the Dark Elegance kit, which was a freebie.

Diamond


Halfway through this piece is when it occurred to me to add a glow to the elements. Photo suite doesn't do glow every well, BTW, but...

Diamond


So then I went back and reworked the Diamond in the Moonlight Garden piece, with much better resuls. I'll get the hang of this sooner or later.

Anyway, Helly's got some nice kits although I'm not sure what I'd do with some of them. Maybe something will occur to me eventually, but the Hard Rock Mama and the Midnight in the Garden kit I've found quite amusing.

I would love to play with this some more tonight, but we once again have a 10:00 AM game (bleck!) so I believe I'll head off to bed now.

No comments: