Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Crocs ARE Dangerous

I keep hearing how Crocs are dangerous on this radio talk show or this or that blog. Wiki states that "Footwear such as Crocs and flip-flops came under scrutiny in 2006 when children suffered injuries after the shoes became caught in escalator mechanisms. This was due to the softness of the shoe's material combined with the relatively smaller size of children's feet."

There's been some concern as well that they don't have treads on them and tend to be slippery in wet weather, but they were designed to wear around boats, and if you've ever looked at boating shoes - NONE of them have treads on them.

I usually laugh as such reports, along with the belief that Mirapex will turn you into a sex mad, gambling addicted house painter. We allow our compulsions to ruin our lives and we blame our drugs. We trip and fall because we are clumsy or careless and we blame our shoes.

We are a society that likes to pin the blame elsewhere.

However, I want to state for the record that I have discovered that Crocs ARE dangerous. Especially when left lying in the walk way of your bedroom.

You see...I'd kicked off my Crocs on Thursday and one hit the bookshelf and bounced out from where it was supposed to go, and being the lazy thing that I am, I left it there.

Friday I wasn't feeling well, so I stayed home from work. Saturday morning, I got out of bed to go and use the bathroom and tripped over the unattended Croc. That fact that I stepped over it all day Friday is meaningless. Saturday it jumped up and viciously tripped me!

So fell, mainly on my right side. I've haven't taken a tumble for a while. My first thought was "Now how am I gonna get back up", but once I got all the pieces parts pointed in the right direction, it proved pretty easy. I didn't even pee on myself while doing it! LOL!

However, I have degenerative arthritis and let me tell you, I've been feeling that fall for the remainder of this weekend. So it took it very slow and easy all weekend, worked a bit on some scrapping and slept a lot and read part of Sookie #8 "From Dead to Worse". (And made beef stew, LOL!)

My right leg is still bothering me and wants to give out at odd times, so...I have gone into work, just taking it easy here to.

As I've mentioned before, I'm in three blog trains for June, so there are lots of freebies coming your way at the end of this week. One of the kits - The Big Kahuna - is going on the June Goodie train, and I have to say, this is one you DON'T want to miss out on.

The Big Kahuna


This is just a lush kit with lots of colors, and some fabulous elements. I did up a set of tags for it, to give you an idea. The posers in all of these pieces are (c) by Untamed Angel and are NOT part of the kit, although I do include two of KairinaKat Kreations "Faun" posers, who make quite good surfer chicks as well.

The Big Kahuna


Bonnie at The Maltese Scrapper kindly permitted me the use of her shells, and there are some lovely realistic flowers in the kit from a CU element by pack by Bunchie's bin. The papers are split between the Hawaiian print papers and the water papers, so you can do your tags on the beach or in the surf as the mood takes you.

The Big Kahuna


Once again I've included flip flops for Ginger. LOL! I'm sure those are just as dangerous as Crocs if left in the middle of the bedroom as well.

I think you're really going to like this kit, from the parrots on down to the '30 Ford Wagon Woody.

Be sure to stop back on June 1st to pick up this great kit, and check out the rest of the contributions to the June Goodie Train. It's gonna be a good one!

NOTE: The Beach Bum alpha used in these tags is courtesy of Digi-Designs by Nicole and is not part of the Big Kahuna kit.

No comments: