Monday, May 18, 2009

Surf, Scraps and Fairy Delightful things

Lavendar Angel has given me the Premio Dardos award.

Premium Dardos


The "PREMIO DARDOS AWARD" acknowledges the value that every blogger shows in their effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literacy and personal values everyday.

Now The rules:

1. Accept the award, post it in your blog together with the name of person who granted the award and his or her blog link.

2. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment. Remember to contact them to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

I've already gotten this ward and passed it along, and I figure most of the bloggers already have this one, so I'm not going to pass it out again. Suffice it to say if you have not received it yet, consider yourself nominated.




I finished up off "The Big Kahuna" which is the kit that's going on the June Goodie Train. It's a themed surfing kit. Take the best of Jan & Dean, mix in the best of the Beach Boys and throw in some old Annette Funicello beach films as well, that should give you a good mental picture of what to expect.

I might do another preview as the kit was too big for just one preview and there are some really good elements, like the frames, didn't make in.

The second kit, for the Get Fresh Blog Train, is call "Fairy Delightful" and is pretty much done too. I'm just finishing it up. It's a standard fairy type kit with a mix of whimsical and realistic elements. Neither one of these kits are clip art kits, so it was a bit different for me, but I can't use clip art all the time.

I think you will like them both. I'm going to put them out as freebies for a limited time, then move them into my store.

I'm thinking adding in bonus packs when I put them into the store - an extra 20 or 25 elements each. There are some things I can't do with the freebies because the Commercial Use terms of service by various designers prohibits the use of their products in freebie kits.

That will also give people an incentive to purchase the kit, rather then just snag the freebie and run.

Once I finish off "Fairy Delightful" I'll do some tagging.

Dark Angel


I did this tag using my Watermelon Heaven kit. Yes, it's a cute little kit but there's a dark bend to it as well. The Dark Angel poser is by Sophisticated Scraps - she doesn't have it available in Sophisti-Scraps so I don't know if you can purchase it right now or not.

The Scripted Jewel alpha is from Bizee 1 Digi-Arts.

I'm really pleased with the way this turned out. The eyelet stars element, which I created for this kit, is also included in the "Fairy Delightful" kit, although I used different shapes of stars to make it a tad bit different.

The Get Fresh Blog train rolls on May 31, the Goodie Train on June 1, so while you have to wait for freebies, I can guarantee they will be well worth the wait. I will try to have a freebie for you for this Friday though, for the Memorial Day Weekend!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Oh, I just can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve for t he blog trains! The kits sound wonderful!