Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mail Merge

So...I get back to the office from lunch on Friday, and Dolores comes running into my office. "Help me Obi Wan, you're my only hope!"

"What's the problem?"

"We need to get these letters out for Tom and we can't get the mail merge to work. He'll kill us if we don't get these letters out today." (There's a lot of "killing" going on in our office of late, even if no one actually ever dies. Hmmmm.....)

So...okay, it's been a while since I did mail merge, but I had all the letters nice and printed up on letterhead within 45 minutes, despite the printers best efforts to derail the project.

"What about envelopes?"

"We can do envelopes," I say. Kathleen offers her opinion that it will have to be labels. I insist we'll print envelopes and, after a little bit of trail and error while I figured out the printer orientation, I got the envelopes printed as well.

Joey was suitably impressed. "The last office I worked at, we printed the addresses on paper and cut and glued them to the envelopes." I point out we're professionals in this office. (Professional what is the question...)

"See," I said. "This old dog still remembers her old tricks."

"You're not THAT old," Dolores protests.

"Honey," I said. "If my name was Snoopy, I'd have been buried in the back yard a LOOOOONG time ago."

Anyway, aside from that pesky template, I thought I'd work on my blog train kits this weekend, as I'm in two of them for June. I finished the Goodie Train one, which is surfing themed. Now I'm off to work on the Get Fresh kit, which will be a fairy themed adventure.

No comments: