Friday, July 16, 2010

Steaming into stores soon...

Gaslight


I've done two Steampunk kits previously - Clockwork Angel, which is pure Steampunk - and Verity, which was Gothic with Steampunk overtones. Almost no one paid attention. Earlier this week, one of my fellow designers ran a ISO for CU Steampunk junk and suddenly the whole digi-scrap world has gone Steampunk mad.

Many, many, many years ago, when I was in my twenties, I used to spend the weekends at a friends house where, prior to the birth of their two children, we spent many hours playing games. One such game, and the name escapes me, involved the worlds of H.G. Wells and Jules Vernon and was Steampunk at its best as it had the players trying to come up with reasonably working sci-fi solutions in a Victorian environment.

I rather enjoyed it and I'm guessing it was more fun for MJ than watching me and her husband battle it out over Kingmaker into the wee hours of the morning.

Any way...coming up (and loading at a speedy 18KBs per second to S-S) is my latest dip in to the realm of Steampunk, which takes advantage of all the new CU Steampunk stuff out there, plus the fact that Nicole Perry was having a 50% off sale and I'm such a Nicole Perry 'ho, so....

I took Steampunk and mixed in some Industrial overtones and I present...Gaslight.

Much more my speed thank pink Happy-Go-Shit kits although Jess does have a point. I do cute real well. It's kind of disgusting, in a way.

No comments: