Friday, March 13, 2009

Holy Kitty Cats, Batman!

Miss Diamond decided to embark on a road trip to visit some of her "furriends" around the States. She's already visited the Aussie Cats. The idea for this grew out of the racing tag set I'd done earlier, plus the new 50-State License Plate set that the Maltese Scrapper put out.

So as far as globalizaitons go, all the license plates are all from Bonnie. All the keys came from TammyGirl at Voodoo Scraps, and the little animal key chains are from Farrah's Creations. I'd wanted those for a while, but couldn't figure out what to do with them. Now, I know! LOL!

The first three tags in this series use the "Finish Line" taggers kit from Kristin's Wicked Scrapz. This is a F-T-U kit that you can find on her blog.

Maggie May


Maggie's tag was a bit of serandipity. It turns out her human "daddy" is a retired drag racer, so he really got a kick out of the race elements. I had no idea...I'd done the race theme because a friend of mine from North Carolina is very much into the Nascar thing.

The strawberries in the picture are from Soxsational Scraps. Strawberries and blueberries are two big exports for the state (along with tobacco).

Cookie


The Apple Blossoms are from Chili's Designz. I think all of the realistic flower elements that I use in these tags came from either their blooming rose packs or their mixed bloom packs.

The Alpha is courtesy of Lady Grundlefunk. One of the hardest bits about doing these tags was not just looking up the various state flowers, symbols, nicknames, etc, but finding the elements to go with them.

Dazey


I wasn't REALLY happy with this tag, but that was the best picture I could come up with given the limited time I had to do these under. The cars are from the "Off to the Races" kit from Dreamsfulfilled. The tractor is from Voodoo Scraps "Farm Life" kit.

Iowa is home of the Iowa Speedway, so there is a big NASCAR tie in with the state, although I have no idea of Dazey lives anywhere near the track.

Kitty Cats probably dislike motor sports for the same reason I do -- The noise hurts their ears.

The red felt alpha came from digifr33, but it didn't come with a TOU, a preview, or any clues as to "who done it". (We're digiscrappers, not detectives kids!)

Fin


Speaking of the Dreamsfulfilled kit - this was a full sized kit that I scripted down to taggers size.

This tag worked really well using the plain, not patterned papers. The Silver Twilight Alpha is from Amber Gray Designs.

Fin lives in Sin City, so I threw in a picture fo the skyline. I felt it was only appropriate. The car is there to hide the fact that Fins tail was cut off in the shot. :)

Peanut Butter


The orange is from the Realistic Fruit CU pack from Farrah's Designs. There was also an apple, a bannana and a bunch of grapes in the pack. I had hopes for the apple but...maybe next road trip?

Peanut Butter actually lived just down the road from us in Sarasota. I just discovered her blog though, which is kind of amusing in and of itself.

Road Trip,Gorgeous Ginger


For Pride and Zoey, I used the "Road Trip" taggers kit by Voodoo Scraps. the Blue Oregon alpha on Pride's tag is courtesy of Barbara Lee.

Zoey of The Island Cats


The Fresh Fish sign is part of the Route 66 vintage Sign element pack from the Maltese Scrapper. I'd hoped to use more of these, but couldn't seem to work them in. However, I've already got Cats (and Woofies) lining up to be on our next road trip, so there's still a chance you'll see more of them.

I have to appologize. I didn't note who did the alpha I used on this tag. I'll need to look it up when I get home. (Sorry.)

No comments: