Thursday, March 12, 2009

Just Emo

Driving & Crying: T-13 - American Road Trip is now up at Diamond's Lair and I'm REALLY pleased with the way it turned out. The graphics worked really well and the travelogue was really blast to write.

However, I finished the project in hideous pain from my arthritis - it felt like someone was trying to rip my right leg off at the hip. Too much sitting in front of the computer! Yow! Anyway, now I have some breathing room before I head into the St. Patrick's Day special.

I'll re-post the graphics here with the production notes of this weekend. In the meantime...

These tags were all done using the Just Emo kit from Scrappin' with Lil Ole Me. I didn't know Emo was such a colorful state!

The "Krystal" posers are from Deanna's Dreams, as are the cat and the little foxy that appear with her in the tags. Seeing Biscuit made me sad though that Poisoned Princess closed and I never did get the templates off of it that I wanted. I just had no money at the end of the year to spare for it.

Ah well...

Who knows? I see Lisa released a new poser over at Simply Beautiful, so maybe Angie's CU stuff will pop up in another store someday.

Just Emo


Just Emo


The red glass alpha is from Bits'N'Bobs and is a blog fr33bie. The background is actually two pieces of paper, one with a mask from Cameron placed on it and over laid on the other. The patterns were the same, so you end up with the two toned background.

I used a similar technique on all of these tags to achieve the background effects.

Just Emo


See, on this tag, the mask looks more obviously like a mask, so that even though the backgrounds are similar, it looks more like one paper masked over the other rather than like a blend as the first two tags did.

I love the "define normal" ticket. It left me in a fit of giggles.

Just Emo


I also like Krystal's dress but... all those belts! Probably takes forever to get on and off!

Not really at all related, just sort of in the goth/vampire vein...I had ordered some books of Amazon and they were waiting on my desk when I came into work on Monday. I ripped into the package, took one, scooted over to Rowena's office and hissed at her.

"What?" she says.

I held up the book so she could see "Sookie seven!" She's been dying since True Blood finished up it's season. OMG! She keeps trying to pump me for info, but I don't want to give the story line way, that would kind of ruin the series for her!

In any case, I was thinking if I do a Vampire themed kit - or when I get around to it - I'd be better off basing it on Sookie series than on the Twilight Series. After all, Swamp's my chosen landscape and I like the Sookie books better than the Twilight books.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow they are all so ..it's really so I am using "nice" but it doesn't seem the right word.. I love them! :)
I can't wait to see the True Blood series!! I prolly should, like you, read the books, you get so much more out of them, it's just finding the time nowdays :)