Monday, August 24, 2009

Computer Issues

Well, I sort of knew this was coming, but on Friday night my computer finally bit the big one. I had to reformat the hard drive and am now in process of trying to find and re-install of my files. That's the bad news.

The good news is that its now running about a billion times faster and with some luck, I'll be able to start doing full sized kits, something everyone has been bugging me for! :)

I did locate some stuff and was able to put together a new Halloween kit, which I should have out in stores soon, called "Strange Brew".

Here's a bit of a sampling:

Strange Brew


Strange Brew will be available in taggers sized only. And I'm not sure I'm sold on Tabitha for the poser that will go in the kit yet. Medi just released some new ones, and I might go with one of those.

The alpha is by Bits'N'Bobs and is not included either. Sorry!

I'm still missing a ton of files -- fonts, shapes, brushes, fills - but I'm working on it.

I also had my first case of pirating this weekend, as some one was illegally sharing the Chili Peppers kit.

Okay Ladies. What part of "you may NOT redistribute, rebroadcast, resale, or claim my graphics as your own" did you not understand?

If you are putting the kit on 4Shares, Rapid Share, Media Fire, etc, and allowing people to download it for free, you are REDISTRIBUTING the kit, which is strictly prohibited under my terms of use.

Happily, the file sharing service involved blocked the link immediately upon receiving my notice of copyright violation. Personally, I think they should delete that members account AND block them from rejoining, but then...it's hard to get all the services out there to do the same thing.

On a happier note, Julie at Bits'N'Bobs has passed along the "Blog de Ora" award to me.



Here are the guidelines for accepting the award:
1 - Display the prize.
2 - Link to the Blog from whom you received it.
3 - Nominate another 10 blogs.
4 - Leave a message for them on their blog.

Since she hit up most of the ladies I'd normally pass this on to, I'm going to go the easy route and give it to all the the designers over at Sophisti-Scraps...you ladies are the best! ;)

And check out Kirsty's new little TeaCup Faes! I swear, we puts out the MOST adorable templates!

No comments: