Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Summer Camp Wilderness - from me to you!

Camp Tippy Canoe photo DCD_CampTippyCanoe_TS.png


Summer Camp - love it or hate it. For some, it is a right of passage. For others...well, let's just say I'm a city girl. Either way Camp Tippy Canoe delivers summer camp wilderness right to your computer!

This great mix of realistic and whimsical elements starts off with 20 Outdoorsy Papers (800 x 800 pxls, .jpg format). Add to that 10 frames and 5 tags plus an additional 91 .png elements, and you have everything you need to re-live summer memories...or make some new ones.

Packed inside your camp backpack you'll find 5 doodle yarns, 5 paperclip bows, 5 stringbows, 4 forest trees, 4 houseflies, 4 spiders (including Shelob), 4 logs, 3 grass borders, 3 sticker cabins, 3 froggers, 3 squirrels, 2 stones, 2 ants (1 red, 1 black), 2 blue flower bushes, 2 dragonflies, 2 tent stickers, 2 vines, 2 snakes, 2 plants, 1 frog, 1 snailhouse, 1 backpack doodle, 1 camp bus, 1 canoe, 1 cardinal, 1 dandelion seed, 1 dandelion, 1 draft horse (Dotty), 1 evergreen tree, 1 pair of field gasses, 1 grasshopper, 1 ivy vine, 1 ladybug, 1 little bird, 1 raven, 1 songbird, 1 tire swing, 1 tree stump and axe, 1 wildflower clump, 1 water lily, 1 deer, 1 bedroll, 1 campfire and 8 stickers (2 councilors, 2 campers, and 4 survival items).

But beware of the insects because the only thing you won't find...is Off!

300 DPI. Personal use only. Thanks to Digiweb Studio for the artwork used in the creation of this design.

There's actually a lot my memories in this kit. The first camp I ever went to - I was six at the time - and there was a draft horse there named Dotty that pulled a big wagon that we took a hay ride in. There were two horses, actually, but I only remember the name of the one (probably because she stepped on my foot).

It was a weekend camp and I was sharing a tent with four other girls. Someone left the tent flap unzipped and we got back to the tent it was filled with spiders! The other girls had learned to grab the daddy long legs and toss them, so they were de-spidering the tent when this HUGE fuzzy black wolf spider crawled up the tent wall from out of one of the sleeping bags. The other girls gave me the flashlight and told me to keep an eye on it while they went for the councilor. I don't know how long they were gone - probably not that long - but that spider climbed up the tent wall and then started working it's way across the tent ceiling toward me - which is when I freaked out and started screaming.

The councilor got there real fast with a rag, grabbed the thing and hurled it into the woods. Need I say, I didn't sleep at all that night as I was quite certain there were more spiders in the blankets! My dad came and got me the next morning. He was my hero!

It's taken me a long, long, long time to get over my fear of spiders.

After my folks got divorced, my mother would send my sister and I to camps every summer for a week. While we were gone she'd then take a week's vacation to Arizona. I didn't catch on to this scheme until I was like 11 or 12 - which was the end of my going to the hated summer camps.

I would MUCH rather have gone to the beach!

This kit has been retired and is available for FREE elsewhere on this blog!

Here's a couple of tags I did last night using the kit. The Military Pride posers are from MediEvil Creations, while the Camo alphas are courtesy of Free Digital Scrapbooking.

Camp Tippy Canoe 1

Camp Tippy Canoe 2

No comments: