Sunday, September 21, 2008

Jewelgirl's Jewels

I wanted to re-do the tag I'd done for Spooky Do because I wasn't all that happy with the effort, largely because the fonts didn't match.

While I was over at Jewelgirl's blog picking up pictures to use, I appropriated several from the rest of her feline crew.

House Panther,Howl-N-Scream


This one of Spooky Do uses the Fright Night kit and freebie add on from Creations by Jo. I'm not sure if the kit was inspired by the yearly event at Universal Studios, but that's certainly the feel I get from it.

House Panther,Howl-N-Scream


I used Chaos Priestess' Night of the Dead kit for this tag. I loved the way I was able to blend in the sort of Emo background Spooky's sitting in with the purple shift of the kit. I thought that turned out really well.

Cat,Howl-N-Scream


Its a little tough to make a sweet, shy little calico named Daisy into a Spooky Halloween cat, so I just sort of Gothed her up a bit. This uses the Dark Gothic (taggers sized) kit from Creations by Jo. I was rather happy with the circular theme I managed to accomplish in this piece.

Unlike the other pieces in this post, which uses one of the Alphas from from Free Digital Scrapbooking, I went with the Brushed Metal Alpha from Nettie B Scrapz on this one.

Cat,Howl-N-Scream


Shadow is a 13-year old, medium-to-long hair Domestic Cat. From past experience, I've found it's almost impossible to separate a cat lying in the grass from it's background, so I didn't even try. This used the Dark Thoughts kit from Creations by Jo. I'd originally wrote this one off as Goth-lite, and it sort of still it, but I find I like the charms that come with it.

Cat,Howl-N-Scream


I'm sure there's a story behind the name, but I'll be honest in saying, I don't know what it is. I used the Night of the Dead kit from Chaos Priestess, a kit I find a really like, lost souls, fallen angels and all.

(I think I'm up to 10 or 11 tags for Miss Diamond's 13 spooktacular cats, T-13 this week! And I've still got several days to go!)

No comments: