Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Cat O' Mine Tails

Cats on Tuesday


So, we're sitting in the house together, the Big Black Christmas Cat and I, on Chrismtas Night at around 3 AM in the morning, and we start hearing this "snapping" noise coming from the corner by the door.

Diamond is staring intently at the area and I'm thinking to myself, "Oh no. Don't tell me Tristan brought something exotic into the house again." Diamond continues to stare, like there's some sort of prey animal there and then all the sudden...

that's when....

the bookcase collapsed.

The snapping noise was the wood giving way.

Diamond simply looks at me with the attitude of "See. I've you'd listened to me and bought cat treats instead of books, you wouldn't have this problem."




Sunday, I had just gotten out of the shower when the smoke alarm starts going off. There's no smoke, and no one was cooking anything, so I figured the battery was going.

I dry myself off and go out into the living room to see what's going on.

Tristan is sitting under the smoke alarm, staring at it with rapt attention.

"MEEP!" says the smoke alarm.

"Meow?" Tristan responds.

"MEEP!" says the smoke alarm.

"Meow?" Tristan responds.

"You're talking to the smoke alarm," I observe.

"MEEP!" says the smoke alarm.

"Meow?" Tristan responds.

"What did you do to it?"

"MEEP!" says the smoke alarm.

"Meow?" Tristan responds.

I pull the smoke alarm down and take the battery out. Tristan looks crushed, like I'd just banished his best friend in the whole wide world.

Sir Tristan Tabby Cat Longtail





Last night, right after dinner, Diamond vanished toward the bedroom and wasn't seen again for the remainder of the evening. It was finally time to go to sleep when I went to look for her.

She was in none of her usual spots, but when I found my black jeans laying on the floor, I had a pretty good idea of where she'd gotten off to.

Diamond Emerald Eyes


She's been up there before, it's just been a while. Trying to get her down, without her taking half the closet with her, was an entirely different matter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We is thinkin' dat you's house has been havin' lotsa' activity lately☺

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Weerd stuff...Our smoke alarm don't chirp when it wants a new battery, it makes a noyze dat makes us run fur cover!