Monday, January 12, 2009

Country Cats Project - Part I

Given the number of freebie and/or PTU Twilight based kits that have come out, I should probably do a vampire theme...I know Victor would like that. However, Barnyard Pals had been percolating on the back burner for a while. I thought about doing a "Polar Pals" on as well, but felt that was too similar to the Snow Cats project I did in December.

I used four main kits for this one: "A Farming Life", which was a Xmas gift freebie from Voodoo Scraps, "Barnyard Friends" by Cinnamon Scraps, "Country Tomboy" by Tantrum Scraps, and "Down on the Farm" from Designs by Tisha, which was a full sized kit that I resized for tagging. I added in "Let me Bug You" from Creationz by Jo, for the odd "13th" tag.

Let's start off with Barnyard Friends, which is actually where I started out - with Eduardo:

Eduardo the Snuggle Puggle

Dog,Country Cats


The apple was part of Eduardo's picture. This tag came out really, really cute and I was tickled to death by it. The "Messy Denim" alpha is by Corine Papier.

Georgia

Torti Cat,Country Cats


The "Funky Retro" alpha is by A Work in Progress. I liked it as it kind of livened up the piece, as if all those animals in the background were not lively enough.

Mickey

House Panther,Country Cats


It's probably the wrong sort of hat, but I decided he was a gentleman farmer type. The Hat is, of course, from the Maltese Scrapper, while the "Old Barn" alpha is courtesy of Barbara Lee at Just Passing Through.

Moo - I'm a cow - Moo!

The next three comprise the fishing portion of the program, using the "Country Tomboy" kit from Tantrum Scraps. It's a nice kit and you can download it for free at the Definitive Side blog.

Meowza

Bi-colored Cat,Country Cats


My favorite of the piece. The "Cork Alpha" is by Claudi Designs and is available at the Digital Freebies boutique. The bubbles came from the now retired "Under the Sea" kit by Maria La France.

We may have to do more of a fishing theme one week.

Tinkerbell

Calico Cat,Country Cats


Stinky Tinky is one of our Xanga buddies. The Country Cats project has 173 hits on the Xanga blog - I was stunned. I don't think we've pulled that many hits for one article since we were a featured blog during last February for Mardi Gras.

The Alpha Bandanna is from Free Digital Scrapbooking, the hat is courtesy of the Maltese Scrapper.

Puff

Calico Cat,Country Cats


Once again, the hat comes to us from the Maltese Scrapper, while the alpha is from Barbara Lee. Cats really aren't set up to wear baseball style caps, however, this one didn't look too bad, when it was done at a jaunty angle.

Sweet Praline

Persian Cat,Country Cats


She actually is a pampered pet, and likes it, which is why I used her where I did in the presentation. It was a bit of irony.

This is the tag done with the "Let me Bug You" taggers kit from Creationz by Jo. The alpha is included with the kit.

Look for Part II either tomorrow or Wednesday. I've noticed it gets confused with my Cats on Tuesday post, so I may not put it up until Wednesday!

No comments: