Thursday, January 22, 2009

I Has a Dream (Part I)

Cory Cat has suggested the "I has a dream" theme in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, but I was still feeling largely uninspired about the whole thing.

However, Lights Camera Action"s" has this kit out called "Live and Love" that I liked the colors in and had been eyeballing for a while. When she joined The Goodie Loft, and I could get it at half price, I couldn't pass up the deal. So...that's where I started with.

All three of the these first tags use that kit, which also comes with it's own alpha.

Bi-colored Cat,Tabby Cat


Tuxi Cat


House Panther


The frame was a blog freebie from Farrah's Creations. I liked the way it turned out and decided to go with the use of frames for doing the pictures, which also allowed me to use some shots I've been holding for a while that I couldn't find a use for.

I like Farrah's designs anyway and I knew that Moki and Bella had to be part of this set, so I decided to use her "Love Song" kit, which - having gotten some new tubes from Lacy Clagg - I think I might try some Valentine's Day Tags with. The red and black is - for me - much more preferable than pink and whatever.

Tabby Cat


The alpha in this tag is from Michelle's Angels. She's since released a similar kit in lavender to match their "Tainted" Valentine's Day kit, although I doubt I'm going to get either.

House Panther


I like the way this one turned out. The Love Notes alpha is courtesy of Digi-Designs by Nicole.

House Panther


The weathered paper and the sparkle trail make this tag a bit magical. The aged embossed alpha is from Free Digital Scrapbooking.

I was just finishing up the links for today's post on Diamond's Lair when the computer ceased up and I lost it. So I didn't do a banner this week, opting for a text notice on the Cat Blogosphere.

So that was a quick Part I, eh?

No comments: