Friday, January 30, 2009

Midnight Dreams

The Scrapping Bratz Valentine Blog Train is set to leave the station tomorrow, although several designers already have their offerings up if you care to get a jump on the thing. This is a big one, so it's probably going to take a while to collect. Myself, I'm sort of valentined out and am wondering if I really need to do this - I've probably got as much VD stuff as I do Xmas! Yikes!

So, Valentines aside, Designs by Ali had released a new kit call "The Pirate in Me" so I was all set to do Pirate tags last night. Or so I thought. When I went to download the kit, the file came back invalid or corrupted. ::sigh:: So instead, I decided to work with another Designs by Ali kit, called Midnight Dreams, which I'd purchased earlier this month. This is a beautiful kit in black, white, gold and silver and while I was working with it, I could tell it was just begging to be a blog layout.

Midnight Dreams


It comes with a couple of the goth Pauline posers from KairinaKat Kreations which I used in this tag and given the "Dark & Beautiful" background could probably work as a goth kit, but it struck me as being too elegant for that. The Black Gold alpha from Bizee 1 Digi-Arts fits in just perfect, so I used it throughout this series.

Midnight Dreams


Generally speaking, I have no use for bridal posers, but the "Snow Bride" set from Bits'N'Bobs was on sale and well...they are very beautiful pieces. Since I wanted something more elegant I chose to use them with this kit. They did work very well, I will say that, and they are fantasy pieces after all.

Midnight Dreams


And of course, lots of bling in the kit, which I just adore. I can just image what a dress like that would cost in the real world. Yikes!

Midnight Dreams


The World Art in the background is from Ginger's House and Of course, I glitterfied it. I didn't really want word art, so much as I wanted something in the background. That font didn't lend itself well to glitter, but what the heck...

Midnight Dreams


The gold "sweethearts" are from an element pack by Krissy's Scraps. I bought them because I feel I always have a use for hearts, but to date, I've not had a chance to use them. Of course, I have kitty and woofie tags to get through, so I'm sure they'll come in useful. I was actually looking for the red 3-D looking ones, but evidently, I didn't buy that package.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this little bridal fantasy. At least you don't have to worry about catching the bouquet.

No comments: