Monday, April 20, 2009

Veinte de Abril

I have done very little besides sleep for the last four days and if you ask me, I should be back in bed still. But I figured I'd go in and see how it went for half a day. If I can't make it, I'll go home at lunch time and put myself back in bed.

I did get the Cinco de Mayo kit finished - there's 24 papers and up around 100 elements. I just need to do the previews, and pack it up. Look for it to be released this Friday.

Here are a few tags I made with it...

Cinco de Mayo


The Avacado poser is not part of the kit. I toyed with the idea of including her, but Charly's TOUs are a bit ambiguous and given all the up cry over TOU violations of late, I decided not to chance it. The fire works were a bit of an after thought, but I think they fit in well, so...

Cinco de Mayo


Mardi Maracas and Salsa Lady do come with the kit however. The alpha does not, but you can download it from Free Digital Scrapbooking if you want it.

Cinco de Mayo


I pulled some of the elements I'd done earlier and re-did them, the flowers being one of them.

Cinco de Mayo


I'm semi-pleased with the kit. It's probably better than I think it is, but then, I'm my worst critic. Plus I'm just not "up" for anything right now. Anyway, should be fun if you're up for a bit of a party, Mexican style.

Cinco de Mayo, BTW, is not "Mexican Independence Day" as some people seem to think it is. Cindo de Mayo commemorates the battle of the morning of May 5th, 1862, when 4,000 Mexican soldiers smashed the French and traitor Mexican army of 8,000 at Puebla, Mexico, 100 miles east of Mexico City.

The battle was important because the French were not afraid of anything at the time, most especially the United States, which was currently fighting its Cival War. Had the French advance not been stopped, they probably would have swept into America, claiming much of the Mexican Peninsula and the western United States as French Territory.

Additionally, Napoleon III had planed to use the egress into the states to supply the confederate rebels, but with the French line held, the Confederate army was smashed at Gettysberg, just 14 months after the battle of Puebla, ending the civil war.

Visit Viva Cinco de Mayo for the full version of the history of Cinco De Mayo. That should keep you busy until Friday when I get the kit released. LOL!

Julie at Bits'N'Bobs tagged me for the 8-things me-me. I promise to do it as soon as I have a bit more life in me. ::Yawn!::

1 comment:

Ginger said...

he tags look great. I can't wait to see the whole kit!