Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Veteran's Day

Veteran's Day ended up being a trying experience for the Fur Kids. We live downtown and they held a Veteran's Day parade which ended up about two and a half blocks from our house (if even that). Aside from all the parade noise, there did a military plane fly over, and there were fire crackers and a gun salute.

We got off work early, so I am glad I was able to be home to calm their little kitty fears.

Miss Diamond,House Panther,Domestic Cat,Armed Forces


I used a kit from Element by Design called War & Honour that I had saved on CD for this kit. The alpha from Free Digital Scrapbooking, the poppy from Kathy Goldstein's Enchanted Forest kit and the soldier shadow from Aussie Scrap's Camouflage's mini-kit.

The eagle pin was from Wyvern's vintage War add-on.

I do have to admit it as noisy. Diamond can handle firecracker noises but the guns and planes were just too much.

We did however have an Armistice in place yesterday, which ended this morning when Miss Diamond came bounding into the bathroom after me and ran into Tristan laying on "her" bathmat. ::sigh::

No comments: