Monday, February 9, 2009

Cowgirl, Baby!

I never wanted to be a princess growing up. I wanted to be a cowgirl. I really wanted a pony, but I never got a real live one, just several toy ones. I still like western stuff, why that's always appealed to me I don't know. Perhaps it was from watching "Gunsmoke" and all the rest of the westerns with my Granddad on his little B&w TV.

The Wild West Fun taggers kit is by Chimera Web Designs and is great for either scrappin' or tagging your little cowpokes as it comes in both tagger and full sizes. The posers in these for tags are the "Cow Girl" poser by Lacy Clagg, and I was really rather pleased with the way these turned out. I add in some "Old West Wisdom" quotes as well, although since these are primarily kids tags, I kept it kind of tame.

Wild West Fun


I used one of Cameron's masks on the papers. I have to remember that mask as I think it will be a good one to use when I go back to the Grand Prix tags I never finished up.

This little lady actually sort of looks like me - or at least my mother has some pictures back from when I was younger were I was dressed very similar. She also has some where I have the shirt, vest and holster on, and the boots, but only panties, no skirt (oh my!) Maybe it was good thing I didn't get a pony!

Wild West Fun


One of Wee Scots Lass masks set up the background on this. I used her masks on the following two tags as well.

CWD has some of the Flairs available on her blog as an add on to this kit, so scoot over and pick them up. Now that Digifree has found me I have to be careful about using the F-word unless I'm actually doing a give away. (I promise to do one soon.)

Wild West Fun


The horse poser in this piece is by Helga Stolzenwald was acquired off of Share CD. Yes, I have ridden real live horses. I was actually quite the little rider when I was much younger. But I haven't ridden since my teens and given my age and arthritis, doubt I could get up on one now if I wanted to.

My faithful steed though for many years was a mechanical B&W Pinto named Blaze that I got one year for Christmas. We used to gallop across the plains of my imagination all of the time, blaze and I, driving in cattle and chasing bandits and rounding up wild ponies.

Wild West Fun


I'd like to believe if my sister had never come along, and my folks had never gotten divorced, that I might have gotten a pony out of my dad sooner or later. Oh well...

I discovered CWD at TKO, she also sells out of Heavenly Taggerz if your looking for her kits.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 09 Feb [LA 07:00pm, NY 10:00pm] - 10 Feb [UK 03:00am, OZ 02:00pm] ).

Anonymous said...

hehe I never would have taken you, from what I know iof you to be want to be a cowgirl hehe
I must be a priss because I can't even stand cowboy movies.. all that dirt and stuff happening everywhere you look hehe I can smell it..smella vision..
The tags are really cute though :)