Friday, February 13, 2009

Lemonade Anyone?

I received the Lemonade Award from Calypso Designs. She has the wrong blog linked but that's okay. I know it's for me as their is only one of me.

The Lemonade award is given out to people that have shown a good attitude on the internet.

Badge,Award


The rules for this awards are:

1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. Nominate (up to)* 10 other blogs.
4. Add links to those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.

* The rules actually said, nominate 10 blogs, but this award has been around enough that I think most bloggers have it.

My nominees are:

Ginger at Ginger's House, for all the fine word art;
Bonnie at the Maltese Scrapper, for all the great hand outs;
Toni at Toni's Scraparoni, for making my life so much more blingier (is that a word?);
Kathy at Tizzy's Angel, for preserving through some really bad times lately,
Sarah, at CWD for the really fun contests;
Jay, at Heartbeatz Creationz, for some fun little kits and a great taggers forum;
And Kate, over at the Urban Mermaid for some truly beautiful scrap kits.

Kate has also given me an award, but I'll do that in a separate post. Since spring is right around the corner - finally - and the only reason I will need a space heater for the next six months is to break my toes on when I bash my foot into it - I wanted to do some springy layouts.

I actually want to try my hand at making a spring kit, so that's in the works. (Valentine's Day had been my original target, then St. Patrick's Day. Now I've pushed it back to Easter. I deserve a procrastinators award, is what I deserve!)

Anyway, the Heartbeatz Creationz store was having a 50 cents sale, so I picked up several things, including the new Hoppy Easter kit from Heartbeatz.

Both these tags use that kit, along with posers from UFDesigns.

Hoppy Easter


That doodle was actually blue, and I glitterized it green. I love the birds. I also picked up Jay's Purdy Birdys kit but haven't worked with it yet.

The spring kit will be a good use for the Sadie posers - I have a bunch of them. This one is Sadie with an unusual hairstyle...and big ears.

Rainy Day Girl


Calypso has just put out a pack of the "Rainy Day" girls which I bought yesterday at the $1.00 sale at Heavenly Taggerz. She also has a sample you can download off her blog.

The bling curtain does not come with the kit - I added it in myself. I used masks from Cameron on both pieces. I liked the way this one created a stormy looking effect that worked with the "rainy day" piece.

We don't do the April showers/May Flowers thing in Florida. Our rain season starts June first. We did get a little bit of rain yesterday, which was good. We really need it right now.

Another of Jay's kits that I worked with last night was the Be Still my Beating Heart mini kit which I used to create Tristan's Valentine to T'Abby Normal. You can view it here, as part of Skeezix Valentine Day Contest.

On a side note, we are hosting the Bad Kitty Cats Festival of Chaos this weekend here at Digicats, so I'm going to hold back the rest of the sweetheart club tags and use them as part of that blog carnival post. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Toni Scraparoni said...

Hi, Dianna!

Congrats and TYSM for the award!! Your blog is beautiful and your tags are super! Loved why I was nominated, too. Hehe! You can add to the vernacular on my behalf anytime! ;)

Hugs,
Toni :)

Ginger said...

Oh cool, thanks for the award! I love the spring tags! you forgot to mention that our rainy season is also hurricane season.

Now get busy, I want to see you make a kit!

Scrapping from the Heart said...

Hi Diana, tysm for the award. I have gifted you a dif award in return. Visit my blog to snag it. :)

Jay said...

oh hunnie thank you for the award and thank you so much for using my kit, the tags are adorable!!!!!!!!!!

i see you joined our forum too, you will love it there, its a madhouse lol xxxx hugs jay xxxx

Urban Mermaid said...

Hi, Dianna,
Thanks so much for the Lemonade Award! :) Urban Mermaid