Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Holly Days - Vol. 1, Part 1

Victor Tabby Cat was hung by the Chimney with care....

Holly Daze,Tabby Cat,Domestic Cat,Happy Holidays,Holiday Glitter


I had this head shot of Victor and was at a loss as to what to do with it, when it occurred to me to "put him into a stocking". As it turned out, this is probably my favorite of the batch.

The scraps are from the "Christmas Thyme" kit by Krissy's Scraps. The Reindeer ornament is from Scrappiles of Digi-Style, and the Stitched Felt Alpha is courtesy of Raspberry Road Designs. The Santa hat is from Goretty Rocha.

Thunder the Christmas Angel

Dog,Holly Daze,Holiday Glitter,Happy Holidays


I hear everyone at The Chronicles of Woo got a laugh out of this as Thunder Dunder is no Angel. Well...maybe he's an angel of the fallen variety?

In any case, the scraps and alpha are from the "Owl be Home for Christmas" taggers kit from Designs by Helly, and I'm sure she never intended the angel wings to be used in this manner.

Thompson all snuggled, down in his bed

Holly Daze,Tabby Cat,Domestic Cat,Happy Holidays


This was such a nice shot of Thompson, that I couldn't pass it by. He's in a basket, which you can see in the tag, although I cut the back half out.

I did the tag at the end of November, but it didn't fit in with Snow Cats, so I moved it back to the Holly Daze project.

The scraps are from the "Krafty Christmas" taggers size kit by Urban Mermaid, while the "Woodsy" alpha is from the ever amusing Lady Grudlefunk. (Seriously, read her blog sometime. She's a hoot!)

T'Abby Normal

Holly Daze,Tabby Cat,Domestic Cat,Penguins,Happy Holidays,Holiday Glitter


This was a funny shot of Abby, and I had to use it. The Scraps are from the "Silent Night" taggers kit by Soxsational Scraps, which is one of six kits that were recalled. The Green Flake alpha is courtesy of Scrappin' Cop.

In hopes that Samantha Black soon would be there

Holly Daze,Tuxi Cat,Domestic Cat,Happy Holidays,Holiday Glitter,Pony


I knew I was going to scrap Sam jumping into a sleigh, but the trick was fitting the whole thing into a shot and still having Sam be the main focus. I'd seen this done - sort of - on another layout and had wanted to try it, using the smaller picture in the background, and I think it worked out quite well. It's definitely "magical".

The scraps are from the "Winter Twilight" taggers kit from Baby Cakes Scraps. I am particularly fond of the horse and sleigh in that set. The Chrome Alpha is from Scrap Dolly, and the "Magic of Christmas" word art is courtesy of WordArt Fun.

Ping was dashing all over the house

Holly Daze,Ginger Cat,Tabby Cat,Domestic Cat,Holiday Glitter,Happy Holidays


The scraps are from the "Blinged Out Christmas" taggers kit from Creationz by Jo. The Aged Shimmering Alpha is by Linda Walton and Bon Scrapatit Designs, and the "Dear Santa" word art is courtesy of Ginger's House.

Little Ol' KC, so lively and quick

Holly Daze,Torti Cat,Domestic Cat,Happy Holidays,Holiday Glitter


The scraps are from the "Snowel" kit from Krissy's Scraps. I used none of the clip art, and I though it turned out really well. All of Krissy's holiday themed kits were good, but I'm partial to her "Snowel" and "Snow Kids" kits.

The lovely Winter alpha is from Andjelina's Designs.

No comments: