Monday, March 2, 2009

Me Lucky Charms & March Hares

Me Lucky Charms by Southern Scrapz was one of the first St. Patrick's Day kits I bought, it just took me a while to get to. This is in part because SS names everything Element 1, Element 2, etc. and I feel the need to go back and rename them before I can sit down and create. Sorry, but I hate clicking through 68 files trying to find a flower.

Me Lucky Charms 1


The poser in this piece is is by Medi and was obtained from PSP Tube Depot. It's also a double mask piece, as I used one of Wee Scots Lass's mask on the yellow paper first, then took a template that Kristin had done, merged it, and used it to mask out the green paper, which I then put over the yellow paper.

(The "Invert" box works well when trying to convert templates to masks.)

Me Lucky Charms 2


This time around I used one of Cameron's masks. The leprechaun feltie is from Osa Honey, while the word art was by Lillian Wing. SS put some really fun little elements in the kit, the trick was trying to work them into the tags.

Me Lucky Charms 3


The Leprechaun sticker is by Bits'N'Bobs and was created from some clip art by Just A Girl's Designs. The cute elements in this piece are the beer mug and the plastic hat. Oh how I love plastic St. Patrick's Day hats!

The Mask is from Wee Scot's Lass - I was feeling a bit less adverterous for this tag, I just wanted to showcase the cool elements. LOL!

Funny, for all the time I spent PSPing this weekend, I seem to have few tags to show for my efforts. Most of what I did was blog layouts.

Our new one here at Digicats is using the Paddy's Gold kit from Heartbeatz Creationz. Jay has her stuff marked down 65% from now until the 5th of the month, so be sure to check it out!

March Hares


While you're there, you can check out some of the new designers to join the Heartbeatz crew - CJ's Dreams and KiKeKa Kits as well as poser artist Deanna's Dreams. Deanna is the artist that provided the robot posers that I used in my Spaced Out kit.

Another blog layout I did was the one for Diamond's Lair, which for the month of March becomes Diamond O'Reilly's Black Cat Pub - a celebration of all things Irish. I used my Irish Eyes kit for that one, which gives you an idea of what you can do with it.

Finally I put together the Irish themed Blog-in-a-box for those of you that want an Irish blog theme but don't know how to make one. Installation instructions are included for Blogger, so even if you're a Blogger dummy you should still be able to use the designs!

Stay tuned - more Irishness coming soon!

1 comment:

Bits N Bobs said...

Leprechaun clipart used is from here hun not jgd http://www.graphicsfactory.com/