Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Spring Fling

I used Sharon Becker's Stephanie as my spring girl. These first two tags were done using the "Fairy Wingz and Blingz" taggers kit from Creationz by Jo.

Get your Wingz

Get your Wingz


The kit comes with both butterfly wings and feathered (bird?) wings, but I didn't notice the feathered ones until later. I rather like the butterfly ones. Most of the Fairy posers never have big beautiful wings, so I made sure to make the ones I gave to Stephanie stand out.

I love all the flowers and all the bling in the kit, it's great for spring, fairy tags, kids tags and I'm sure if you're doing full sized scrapping, it's equally as versatile for layouts.

Wingz of Beauty

Wingz of Beauty


There's a banner in the kit that says "Wings of Beauty" but I couldn't work it in anywhere. Love the bling butterfly and the beaded dragonfly!

The little birds were made from templates from Calypso Designs. Not that the kit needed any help, but all the birds have flown south for the winter, and I sort of miss them.

Just Peachy

Just Peachy


I switched over to the "Feeling Just Peachie" taggers kit from Creationz by Jo for this one, and after "Fairy Wingz and Blingz", it was a bit of a let down. I used some additional scraps, including the 3d birds from Calypso Design to spice it up a bit. The gems for example and the purple plant on the right hand side are all from Calypso and were blog freebies.

Beautiful

Beautiful


I had planned to use the Peachie kit for two tags, but that wasn't really working out, so I tried the "Pretty Pastels" kit, which is also from Creationz by Jo. I got these all during the US4T grand opening so they were all very inexpensive.

This one has a lot of flowers, but little else to recommend it. I think Jo's kits are getting better as she matures as a designer, but I thought Peachie as a more recent release? It's not bad as a tag goes, but I wasn't as happy with it as I was with the first two tags.

Angel in Disguise

Angel in Disguise


Dianna had used the "New Beginnings" kit from Kirsty's Scraps with some success, so thought I'd try that one next. This actually turned out nicer than I thought it was going to, although the fairy dust was maybe a bit much. The word art is from Daniela aka JC-Design.

The Princess alpha is from Wanderlust Designs, and is just beautiful.

The tag is dedicated to Sharon, for making these lovely little ladies for me (and everyone else).

Angel Kisses

Angel Kisses


This tag is from the same kit and pretty much the same type of layout. The alpha is one of the freebie add-ons to the kit (there are two) and I'm not sure I'm that excited about either. The word art is from JC-Design again, part of a freebie pack of angel word art.

So there you go. Spring. I wonder if we're going to see any of that any time soon.

Again, thanks for reading along.

No comments: