Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Batty

I just love Lacy Clagg's art work and of all of her poser tubes, I think Batilda is my favorite. Yes, she's a little Halloween imp, but I think she just likes to have fun. So here is my Valentine's Day spin off using Batilda.

Lover's Lane

Lovers Lane 1


This tag uses scraps from the Lover's Lane kit from Scraps with Attitude. I'm not a "pink" person, it's not one of my favorite colors, however I'll tolerate "Hot Pink". When the ECHL Tallahassee Tiger Sharks hockey team first started up, the team colors were listed as black, silver and "Tiger Shark Red" which turned out to be hot pink. It was changed to the second year to red, but I still have a sweater with the hot pink on it, which is such a giggle.

The "heart" alpha is from Created by Jill and I got it at Heavenly Taggerz. This is the alpha I was looking for when I wandered into US4T and ended up spending more than I planned on. I'm probably going to do that again, but I was waiting for the Creative Scraps sale first (which started today).

Sweetheart


The gold heart shaped frame is from the Valentine Pendants CU element pack from Soxsational Scraps. The "Valentine Word Plate" is by Scraps with Attitude. You can snag it at Creative Scraps (on sale). The Sweet Pea Bears are from Tammy's Scraps and maybe I'm crazy, but they seem to have vanished out of the SWA store?

Batty kind of looks like she'll bite you if you call her "sweetheart" in this one. LOL!

Kiss Blvd.


The masks used in all the tags are from Wee Scots Lass.

Naughty


And what girl wouldn't want jewelry for Valentine's day? Although I think like most, Batty wanted a Diamond Ring, LOL!

S.W.A.L.K.

Batty little thing


The scraps for this tag and the next two are from the "S.W.A.L.K." taggers kit from Untamed Angel. I love her posers, but I'm not a big fan of her scrap kits. But I end up buying them because I like the previews. In effect, this kit is very similar for her "Heaven and Hell" kit with elements from her CU Valentines Elements pack thrown in.

I have noticed that I'm more likely to buy a kit if the preview looks snazzy, more than for any other reason. For example, I just recently started buying kits from Fi's Fault because she's changed up her previews and they appeal to me more. In the past, I just sort ignored them because the preview was sort of boring.

The lyrics are swiped from a Queen tune.

Batty is the word I use to describe...


This is a play on the lyrics from "Cherish" by the Association, in case you couldn't figure it out. I was fighting with the text tool again, but at least the glitter didn't mysteriously vanish this time around.

I see somewhere along the line I also moved the background paper too far to the left, and we have a white streak down the right hand side. I need to go and fix that tonight.

Batty 1 so true


This time the lyrics are taken from the song "Sunny" by Dusty Springfield. Nothing really exciting - or difficult - on any of these tags, but they were fun to do. :)

I hope you enjoyed viewing them as much as I enjoyed putting them together!

No comments: