Thursday, December 11, 2008

Cute? or Creepy?

I just want to preface this by saying I'm not a big fan of Chibies. They sort of creep me out in the same way that clowns do - they're weird little caricatures of humanity.

However, the kids seem to like them. I'd gone over to Treasured Scraps over the weekend to get one thing from Digital Embellishments, only to find out all her stuff was on sale for 37 cents each. Since I couldn't see charging 37 cents, I ended up buying everything I didn't have that was in her store - which ended up totaling about $2.50.

That included the Chibi Bees Combo Pack and the Chibi Lady Bugs pack. Meanwhile she gave away a free Chibi pack on her blog (See below). Brandi's Creations, not to be undone, came out with Christmas Chibies, which she called Nanas, which is the name of the original Chibi toon figure on Daz3d.

Then Krissy's Scraps jumped into the Chibi market as well. Chibi is a Japanese word meaning "short person" or "small child".

(I think the Tiny Princess posers I bought from Angelique use the Chibi Princess package for Daz3D/Poser, but I'm not 100% sure. In any case...)

So...Brandi then released a Goth Christmas Mini-kit and this set me off last night.

Gothic Lil Xmas

Gothic,Chibi,Doll,Happy Holidays


"I'll be Goth for Christmas,
You can count on me.
Make it cold, with candles gold,
And brooding young men under the tree..."

The Chibi is part of Krissy's Scraps "Lil Gothlings" pack which was available at a special introductory price at a couple of boutiques. The scraps are from Brandi's Creations, and the green string and work art are courtesy of Bekah E (Escape 2 Scrapland). The "well loved" teddy is also from Brandi's Creations, although it was not part of the Goth Christmas kit.

Bah Humbug

Chibi,Doll,Gothic,Happy Holidays


Now the "Lil Attitudes" Chibi from Krissy's Scraps is so creepy that it pushes itself over into the cute. Especially with the sewn up mouth!

The scraps are from Chaos Priestess' Xmas Freebie which you can get at Digital Chaos. The "Snow" alpha is from MJ Designs.

I was going to use one of the Dead Headz until I remembered that Krissy that the little Grunged Lace dolls, so I used one of those instead (which worked out better).

Nana Christmas

Chibi,Doll,Happy Holidays,Holiday Glitter,Penguins


This is one of the Christmas Nanas from Brandi's Creations. The scraps are from the Cutesie Christmas taggers kit by Kittz Kreations. The word art is from our friends at WordArt Fun.

Xmas Morning

Chibi,Dolls,Happy Holidays,Holiday Glitter


The Karen Chibi was one of the freebies from Angelique Field a.k.a. Digital Embellishments. The Scraps are courtesy of Kittz Kreations, from her "Santa's Workshop" taggers kit, which the fun word art is courtesy of Word Art Fun.

The cute little "snowgirl" is from Crops2Dawn Creations.

No comments: