Sunday, April 27, 2008

I'm only happy when it rains!

Rain Out

baseball
Click on image to enlarge


I was trying to figure out all the rain related kits that came out this last month, but then I was reminded of the old "April Showers bring May Flowers" adage. The rainy season in southwest Florida - or Florida in general - does not start until June 1st, but I know that eventually, we're going to have a rain out at Hammond Stadium.

I had suggested, during a rain out, to Justin that they get someone to sponsor the rain outs, and he said "What if it doesn't rain?"

That would be a first, considering last year was a drought year and it still rained.

Anyway, this uses Retrodiva's Rainy Day collection, with the lettering from the Ema kit. It seemed more creative then just using a picture of the tarp, even though this uses a picture of the tarp.

Available from from Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, in the archive section.

And while we're at it....

Rain Rain, Go Away....

weather,Cat
Click on image to enlarge


A look at the 38th Street "Canal" and the parking late at Parkcrest, where I used to live in Fort Lauderdale, along with a picture of Tygre, a tabby kitten that lived with me for a little while.

I have several more shots of Lake Parkcrest that I think I'll scrap. These were taken with the way old digital camera that needed new batteries, so the pictures are really sort of "grainy".

Rainville

baseball,Fort Myers Miracle
Click on image to enlarge


I had been sitting out at the ballpark watching Jay Rainville pitch and I said to myself "You know, if I was half my age, I'd..." Then I had to pull up.

Because if I was half my age, I'd have married Anthony Swarzak the year before. But I'd still have loved to have an affair with Jay Rainville. Instead I had to content myself with trying to find out how many rain-out tickets I needed to bring my own Jay Rainville home with me. I'm sure they were giving one away.

I realize it's early in the season, but Rainy does not seem to be doing well in New Britain this year. He is 1-2 with a 9.53 (ouch!) era. Swarz on the other hand, is 2-0 with a 2.08 ERA. One hope Jay will turn it around shortly.

The Metal Alpha is from Scrappin Dead Girls, the paper and ribbons are part of the Rainy Day collection from Retrodiva's Digital Scrapbooking Freebies.

No comments: