Friday, April 11, 2008

Wildlife Reef

Wildlife Reef
Click on image to enlarge


In 1994 Craig and I took a diving trip the Grand Cayman Islands for a week. I'd been to the islands as part of a cruise and had fallen in love them and wanted to spend more time there. It turned out to be a very expensive tip, but it was the vacation of a life time.

We dove for six straight days. The day before we flew out we detoxed by going snorkeling to Stingray City.

Our dive trip Captain had asked for suggestions and someone asked if Wildlife Reef was open. In order to preserve their reefs, Grand Cayman shuts them down to tourists on a rotating basis to let the flora and fauna recover from any accidental damage that might occur. Unlike St. Thomas who pretty much told us to feel free to touch or handle anything we wanted, the dive captains in the Grand Cayman explained how that damages the reefs and pretty much gave us a good ecological overview of the area.

In any case, it was and so off we went to wildlife reef. It was one of the nicest dives I've ever been on.

vacation
Click on image to enlarge


I used Scrap Girls Beachin' kit on both these pieces. I haven't decided if I want to add a third for not. I used some the pics on layouts for Diamond, Cecil, Gretchen and Phantom. I had also done another layout on Wildlife Reef using a different kit, so I've probably scraped this topic to death now.

No comments: