Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Polish Princesses

The Polish Princesses
Click on image to enlarge.


This is pair of very confusing pictures for me because written on the back of the top one is "Grandma in Rosemary's Polish costume" in my mother's handwriting. I didn't know she had a Polish Costume. I mean, whatever would she do with it?

I would have thought it was the other way around and that my grandmother, who is very handy with a Singer and thread, would have made the the thing, but no....

These shots were taken at my mother's trailer in Arizona in 1996. So Grams would have suffered her stroke the following year. She died on April 12, 1999.

This layout was done using the Flowers for Mom kit by Amy Bleser. There was a card pack which is the week's freebie at Digital Freebies done with this kit, and as always, I liked it well enough to purchase the whole kit. I discovered while doing the layout for Parker, that I really didn't have anything appropriate for Mother's Day anyway.

I'll be doing a few more layouts with Grams this week, as the anniversary of her death is Saturday.

No comments: