Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Diamond of the Red Death

I've decided it's virtually impossible to dress as small black cat up as the Masque of the Red Death, but I gave it a fair shot.

Howl-N-Scream


I selected the black areas and then ran the color shift all the way up on the red and mageneta levels to give her fur reddish tint. Black cats don't change color very well.

The skull came from a miscellaneous freebie Halloween element from Deviant Designer and was originally a key chain. The hat is from The Maltese Scrapper. Short of making her model the little devil cape again, I opted to hide her lack of stature by surrounding her with minions.

The background is (c) 2008 by Scrappy Lover from her Showtime kit. The torch is also from Scrappy Lover, from her Witchy Pooh kit.

The Haunted House is (c) 2008 by Scrappy Redhead from her Autumn Nights kit.

The red Demon Cat plushie is (c) 2008 by Calypso Designs (available in several boutiques now), and the flying monkeys are (c) 2008 by Brandi's Creations who puts out some really kick ass freebies.

And so, I have spent the last six weeks dressing puddins and woofies up leading up the ball on Thursday Night at Diamond's Castle.

badge


You, my dear friends are more than welcome to come, of course. The guest list is a carefully guarded secret. I will have the production notes for the last Halloween fling on Friday following the unmasking, for we do not wish to give away any hints as to the identification of the participants.

Now...I've going to relax and find something more amusing to scrap.

No comments: