Monday, October 27, 2008

Snowball Cheer

"Tris, hold tight buddie, I will come rescue you from the square snow globe of snowball cheer!!"

This from Vampy Victor on Tristan's blog in response to a "winter" tag I posted the other day.

Vampy Victor

Winter


Victor has his own problems to deal. His Square Snow Globe of Snowball Cheer is courtesy of Candy's Treats. I used her new "I Love Snow" kit on this one, and it turned out rather well. Perhaps I was a bit harsh in my initial assessment of the collection. The Alpha is from Free Digital Scrapbooking, and is one of my favorite winter ones.

Victor of course, lives down under, so it's actually summer where he is. The same can be said for...

Momo

Domestic Cat,Winter


I got the "Ice Maiden" kit by Arty Pharty for a buck and if I'd paid the full $3.00 price, I would have felt ripped off. I've seen the same scraps in about half a dozen kits now, so it was nothing new, and it's not as orginal in terms of color pallet or additional elements as some of the other kits.

I added additional snow flakes from the Frosty Flakes freebie from Baby Cake Scraps and the "Baby It's Cold Outside" Alpha, also a freebie, is (c) 2008 by Designs by Karyn.

Having got one fairly descent layout of "Ice Maiden", a buck was okay.

Earl Grey

Domestic Cat,Winter


Earl is not Down Under, he's one of The Furry Kids and lives in Michigan where they get LOTS of snow.

I used the "Snow Princess" kit from Cinnamon Scraps on this one - it's one of my favorite so far this year. The Alpha is the same as above.

If I add in the winter Tags I did for Spooky Do and Miss Peach, I have five tags done for the week of December 4th.

I've gotten a couple of Winter/Christmas freebies and having not worked with them, I won't comment on them, but I just downloaded "Let it Snow" today from Magic World, and it looks just adorable. I can't wait to try it out!

Also Beth from Built by Beth has launched a Birthday Blog Train. It appears to be Autumn themed, so if you don't have enough Fall-type scraps, be sure to climb on board. After the Sweet-N-Sassy on this weekend though, I think I'm about Autumned out.

No comments: